Sunday, August 31, 2008

Daniel meets the Ocean











Since Kyle had this weekend off for a change and my leg was recovering pretty well from surgery we decided a last minute day trip to Ventnor NJ to see the beach for the first time would be a great idea. We planned the car ride for naptime and he did pretty well. We played on the porch for a while, had a visit from some friends and ate lunch. Then we hit the beach. Kyle took Daniel down to the ocean (I had to stay on the boardwalk because of my cast) and he took to the water just like a fish! When the waves went out he cried until the water came back. He took a nice nap on a blanket under an umbrella and then took a second dip in the ocean. The sand seemed pretty interesting to Daniel although he didn't eat as much of it as I thought he would. The idea of Daniel missing out on his first summer at the beach because of my leg was pretty upsetting but I also didn't want to miss being there for the first time he hit the surf so I was really glad we were able to squeeze in a Labor Day weekend sojourn to the shore. I can't wait for next summer when he will really be able to play in the sand. Mommom and Poppop were very happy to intoduce their grandson to all their beach buddies who have been asking about him all summer long and Poppop was just looking for an excuse to have to go in the ocean!!

No comments: