Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Daniel's bris






On the 8th day of Daniel's life we had his bris. The bris took place at our house in the presence of lots of friends and family. All of Daniel's grandparents, great-grandparents and aunts and uncles were present as well as many of Kyle's and my aunts, uncles and cousins. He took the procedure like a champ barely even crying while I had a much tougher time with it. Actually I think he just liked the wine. It was so nice to have everyone together for such an important event in our babies Jewish life. In addition to the circumcision this is the time when Daniel was officially named. His name, Daniel Matthew is for my grandfather, Donald Goldenberg and Kyle's grandfather, Morris Goldberg. These men meant a lot to Kyle and I growing up and it is really special for us to be able to name our baby boy in their memory.

No comments: